Celebrating America was hosted by a sister service unit - 111 in Farmers Branch. Each girl in attendance earned their Community badge.
I was very impressed with how thought out and organized this event was!! There were a ton of girls but it never seemed chaotic or crazy.
7 of our girls came and represented our troop and learned SO MANY things!
They got to participate in a flag ceremony and learn the rules of flag etiquette and what a color guard does.
And got to meet a state representative and hear his perspective on being involved in the community.
Then the girls went to different stations to learn: how a bill get passed, how to fold a flag, voting and a few more that I can't remember right now ;) But I do remember thinking that I could benefit of attending all of those station too ;)
Thanks to Service Unit 111! You put on a great event!!
And thanks to my girls who attended! I hope you left with a lot of new knowledge and a love for our community!
A badge WELL EARNED!






No comments:
Post a Comment